New Look Twins
The Twins showcased their new uniforms for the first season in the new pad. Here is a gallery of photos from the Star Tribune.
At first look, I didn’t really see any major differences to the home jerseys, but I like the road jerseys. Both are semi-retro jerseys that are a tribute to the 1961 uniforms.
That is outfielder Denard Span in the home white and pitcher Scott Baker in the road uniform.
I love the colors of the Twins. Dark blue and red with white or gray. My favorite colors of any Minnesota team.
I am watching an ESPN Classic game from Nov. 9th, 2000. Kansas vs. UCLA played at MSG with lineups filled with future NBA players.
- For Kansas: Kirk Hinrich, Nick Collison, and Drew Gooden,
- For UCLA: Earl Watson, Jason Kapoano, Matt Barnes, and Dan Gadzuric.
Watching just a part of that game got me thinking about the depth of the those teams and of the top teams of this season. Look at the top eight teams in this seasons ESPN/USA Today poll. What do you see? Teams that can easily go eight or nine deep.
- Kansas – We all know about Sherron Collins, Cole Aldrich and Xavier Henry. But in the Morris twins, Brady Morningstar and Tyshawn Taylor ( and others), this team has a lot of players who played meaning minutes.
- Michigan State – This years Spartans exemplify the saying: “The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.” But they still have a go-to guy in Kalin Lucas – the Big Ten player of the year.
- Texas – The Longhorns not only have depth, but they have senior leadership. In Justin Mason, Damion James, and Dexter Pittman – who is set for a breakout season. Plus they have a killer freshmen class highlighted by Avery Bradley and Jordan Hamilton.
- UNC - The Champs have six players 6’8″ or taller and all of them should see playing time. Plus they have Will Graves, Larry Drew, and Marcus Ginyard.
- Kentucky – Some guy named John Wall.
- Villanova – They are guard heavy led by Scottie Reynolds, and the Corey’s – stoke and Fischer. Plus Duke transfer Taylor King adds fire power.
- Purdue - Do not forget about the Boilermakers. Robbie Hummel, E’Twuan Moore , Chris Kramer, JuJuan Jackson, Keaton Grant, Lewis Jackson, plus a talented freshmen class. PS – Out of all the players on the Purdue roster, only 3 are not from Indiana.
- Duke – Lead by Kyle Singler, Jon Scheyer, and Nolan Smith. This years Blue Devils has more height in the Plumlee brothers, both are 6’10”, Brian Zoubek at 7’1″, and Ryan Kelly at 6’10” and they have freshmen Andre Dawkins.
Most every team would survive an injury to a major player (minus the backcourts of UNC and Duke and the frontcourt with Villanova), and that is what has separated the good teams from the great teams.
My early season Final Four: Texas, MSU, Kansas and Purdue.
- Landon Donovan Named MLS MVP - In a shock to no one, Landon Donavan was recognized as the best player in Major League Soccer.
- Allen Iverson waived by Grizzles
- Vikings Coach Sign Extension - This man nearly lost his job, now he signs an extension. Someone owes Brett Favre a hug.
- T-Mac Not Feeling Love In Houston - “After months of growing discord and mistrust between the Houston Rockets and their once-franchise player, Tracy McGrady(notes) and coach Rick Adelman engaged in an emotional and sometimes loud closed-door confrontation about the star’s uncertain status on Wednesday night, sources told Yahoo! Sports.”