NBA Playoffs Mini-Hits
1. I will go on record as saying this has been the most entertaining and competitive opening rounds of NBA playoffs I can remember (minus Cavs vs. Pistons and Nuggets vs. Hornets).
2. The current Chicago Bulls roster is a who’s who of Final Fours recent past.
- Loul Deng – Duke 2004
- Kirk Hinrich – Kansas 2003
- Ben Gordon – UConn – 2004
- Tyrus Thomas – LSU – 2006
- Joakim Noah – Florida – 2006 and 2007
- Derrick Rose – Memphis – 2008
3. The Derrick Rose/Rajon Rondo triple-double “anything you can do, I can do better” showdown, is the single best match-up in the playoffs.
4. The Cavs looked bored at times playing the Pistons, if it weren’t for the fact that the LeBrons were so much fun, I would have been bored. It seemed like there were more Cavs fans at the games in Detroit than Pistons fans.
5. Example of balance – in Game 4 of the Sixers vs. the Magic, every stater scored in double figures. Hedu Turkaglu finally showed up and hit a game winner when the Magic needed. Philly’s Andre Miller is underrated and has been his whole career. Andre Iquodala is showing the nonbelievers that he is a legit All-Star type player not just an athlete.
6. The Hawks are talented, just not basketball savvy enough to take this series from DWade and the south beach bunch.
7. If Kobe plays like he did in Game 4, the run to the Championship series will be short. Carlos boozer has one of the nice jump shots, I would have never thought so at Duke.
8. Yao looks tough and Von Wafer is the talk of the town in Houston. PS – Portland. FRONT YAO IN THE POST!
9. Say good-bye to one of the greatest Dynastys we have seen. Duncan is at the end of maybe the greatest career since Jordan and the Spurs will have to find another way to win, just not this year.
Side Note – The Pistons, as we knew them, are done. The lose to Cleavland is the final bell and this team is be exploded all over the league. No one is safe.
Draft Declarers Round 6 or 7 – just like the NFL draft
- Gerald Henderson, guard from Duke
- Ty Lawson, guard from UNC
- Wayne Ellington, guard from UNC
- Steph Curry, guard from Davidson
- Greivis Vasquez, guard from Maryland
- Tyler Smith, forward from Tennessee
Everyone not names Vasquez, go to the NBA. The only one that is questionable is Smith. We know what he can do, but I want to see him develop a better shot. Personally, I would like Henderson to come back and lead a stacked Duke squad, and he still has the option without an agent. Only Curry has signed with an agent, but I would expect the first three on the list to join him quickly.
NDSU’s Woodside Workouts
Ben Woodside will be wearing NBA gear of at least four different teams, if only for a couple hours. Woodside has work outs scheduled with the Timberwolves, Trial Blazers, Grizzles and Rockets and should expect more in the near future.
Many experts feel Woodside will not be drafted, but is almost guaranteed a free agent contact with an NBA team.
DraftExpress.com had this to say about Woodside durning the Portsmouth Tourney.
- I would like to know how many people, who are not getting paid, actually watch the entire NFL draft.
- I am not sure who started the trend, but I like seeing the players at home waiting to be selected. Surround by people who have supported them not matter what jersey they wore. Instead of with a bunch of people who are only cheering you because you wear their team’s jersey.
- Boston swept the Yankees – suddenly, A-Rod is needed.