As 94% or so of the NBA teams are at home, or the beach, and not playing in the NBA Finals. So the teams that we close, but yet so far away – everyone sing it – must start to think about what the playoff loser needs to make the leap to the Finals.
- Scottie Pippen – or someone to take that role.
- A mid range jumper and a post game for LeBron James.
- Someone over 6’5″ who can play perimeter defense.
- Charles Oakley – see Scottie Pippen.
- JR Smith to pull his head from his butt.
- Chauney Billups to stop jacking ill-advised three and get the ball to Carmelo.
- To stop making stupid plays and fouls.
- Two new knees for KG.
- Brain Scalabrine in street clothes.
- For everyone named KG, Paul Pierce and Jesus Shuttlesworth to become younger.
- Doc Rivers to learn how to coach.
- A really talent doctor.
- Trade Tracy McGrady.
- Ron Artest to stop jacking ill-advised three and get the ball to Yao.
- Good medical insurance.
- Decide what kind of team they want to be.
- A trade for a real post player – get rid of Marvin Williams.
- Mike Bibby to take less money.
- Another All-Star level player.
- Depth in the post with better rebounding – there is another German in Chris Kaman who is pretty good and may need a new home.
- Jason Kidd to continue shooting well.
- Josh Howard to play like Jason Terry.
- Say good-bye to Jermaine O’Neal.
- Find experienced player through in free agency or the draft.
- Another Dwayne Wade – just 6’11”.
- A better point guard or Jerryd Bayless to get sometime.
- Travis Outlaw to continue evolving.
- Rudy, Rudy, Rudy!
- To go back a couple years a pick Kevin Durant instead of Greg Oden.
- Sign Andre Iquodala! SERIOUSLY!
- Elton to play some basketball!
- A consistent shooting guard.
San Antonio Spurs
- Tim Duncan to reverse his aging.
- Manu. More Manu!
- Another scoring option as unless Duncan can take care of his issue.
- Gregg Papovich to shave that damned beard!
- Make a decision on Kirk Hinrich and Ben Gordan. Please!
- A shooter guard over 6’4″.
New Orleans Hornets
- Bring back Jeremy Pargo!
- Some other than Chris Paul to score 20 points a game.
- Low post toughness.
- Get younger, quick.
- Let Allen Iverson and Rasheed Wallace go. It’s time boys.
- Athletic, slashing shooter guard who can get to the rim.
- Sign Carlos Boozer for less money.
- See last point for the Pistons!
- A legit 6’11” low post player who only blocks and grab rebounds – Dwight Howard?