Twins Need A Nap
After the greatest game in recent Twins memory finished on Tuesday night, the AL Central Champions jumped on a plane and did not get to NYC until 4 am. And the Twins paid for it in their performance.
The Yankees have always been the kryptonite to the Twins Superman, but I do not see how the decision of when to play the first game of the playoffs can fall into the hands of the opponent.
MLB knew that the AL Central would come down to he Twins and the Detroit Tigers, and should have stepped in the moment they knew the 163rd game was needed.
Twins = The most exciting race that was left in MLB and an incredible 12 inning game in the last game of he regular season.
MLB = Thanks so much, but the Yankees want you to play in less than 18 hours. So, you better get ready.
I understand NY using the advantage given to them, but I think that it is ridiculous that MLB allowed them to make the decision.
All in all, I do not expect the Twins to win the series, it’s the Yankees and the Twins are 0-9 when playing New York this season.
The US team plays Honduras on Saturday in the second to last World Cup Qualifier. With a win, the US books their trip to South Africa for the 2010 World Cup. Will play Cost Rica at RFK in Washington, D.C. on October 14th.
Below are the Scenarios and then Group Standing from USSoccer.com going into the last two games.
The U.S. has to equal or exceed the number of points that Costa Rica earns hosting Trinidad & Tobago, which can be accomplished the following ways:
- A U.S. win (with any Costa Rica result)
- A Costa Rica loss (with any U.S. result)
- A U.S. tie with a Costa Rica tie or loss
|Trinidad & Tobago||8||1||5||2||8||16||-8||5|
Previous Results Againist Honduras and Costa Rica from June 2009.
|Jun. 3||Costa Rica vs. United States||3-1||Estadio Ricardo Saprissa; San Jose, Costa Rica|
|Jun. 6||El Salvador vs. Mexico||2-1||Estadio Cuzcatlan; San Salvador, El Salvador|
|Jun. 6||Trinidad & Tobago vs. Costa Rica||2-3||Dwight Yorke Stadium; Bacolet, Tobago|
|Jun. 6||United States vs. Honduras||2-1||Soldier Field; Chicago, Ill.|
|Jun. 10||Honduras vs. El Salvador||1-0||Estadio Olimpico; San Pedro Sula, Honduras|
|Jun. 10||Mexico vs. Trinidad & Tobago||1-0||Estadio Azteca; Mexico City, Mexico|
PS – Midfielder Clint Dempsey is out injured – The guy in the picture is US Striker Charlie Davies.
Article From Yahoo.com on Landon Donovan
An article/interview from Yahoo Sports by Martin Rogers touches on obviously, his divorce to actress Bianca Kajlich and his new focus on his professional options in Europe.
Other Random Bits
- The Minnesota Vikings are 4-0 heading into a game in St. Louis against and team at is struggling – to say the least. This game could get very ugly for the Rams.
- I predicted the score of the Vikings-Packers MNF game at 31-21 in a MN win. Not too bad the game finished 30-23.
- There was a fight in an NBA preseason game between Miami Heat center Jamaal Magloire and Detroit’s Jonas Jerebko. The both will suspended for regular season games, when they probably won’t play. Oh well – I guess it is news – some how.
- Jeff Jordan, Michael Jordan’s oldest son, is looking to return to the Illinois’ basketball team. Retirement does not do that family well.
- Hey, the NHL regular season started – did anybody know?
- Joe Mauer should be the AL MVP. And if first basemen Justin Morneau would have been healthy, they would have been the No.1 and 2 candidates. When was the last time that happened? Really?